Thought he would run outside to help feed, he figured a hat & boots were enough, needless to say he didn't stay out long! It was a cold night

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Seriously Greg, we are buying what???

I think Greg is bound and determined to make me a real farmgirl....we already have cows, chickens, a goat (which is now a cow- long story), horses... and now today he decided that we must get a couple of pigs so that we will be able to fill our freezer again in the fall...I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't want the kids getting all attached to the lil squealers just to realize that later they will be porkchops and sausage links. Rationality set in though when I talked to the kids - Layla (the leader ha!)was pretty much like yeah, who cares mom we will feed them lots of stuff so they will make good ham! yeah this is the same kid who everyday begs me to butcher the rooster.. so in the end I realized it was probably only ME who would somehow become attached.. so we all piled in the car & you can see this is what we came home with - poopie & stinkie is what I like to call them! Stinkie is the one with the white stripe of course :)
I never quite realized how alarmingly loud lil pigs can be...this pic greg is laughing because I was kinda (slightly) freaking out about how loud it was... you can see him giving him a little extra squeeze just to freak me out a little more... oh greggie!

Cute lil pig butts!

Boedy kept kicking them so they would move (telling ya I have farm kids!) then when the pig would run, he would say, "look, pig egg!", then he would look up at us & laugh.. Funny that he would think a pig lays a egg!?!?!

While we were out and about, we collected some eggs...I mean from the chickens, that is..yummy!




Fun, Fun, Fun.. when I think what more can this farm bring us....well, hold that thought.......

No comments:

Post a Comment