Thought he would run outside to help feed, he figured a hat & boots were enough, needless to say he didn't stay out long! It was a cold night

Monday, August 9, 2010

Where oh where has the summer gone??? So sad for it to be almost over although I guess the snow will cover up all the yardwork yet to be done....someday...someday...maybe I will be able to be as good as my mother was at keeping up the house, yard and everything in between. Somedays I wish I didn't work outside the home, so I could take care of all the work at the house, and frankly other days I'm thankful to run away from my laundry and housework :)

Greg has been busy building a new pig pen and hopefully (fingers crossed) a chicken coop. I will post some pics when it is up. Those pigs are not so cute anymore, they continue to have some serious squeal power to them and I am just a bit (alot) afraid of them. I am really trying hard to be a country girl but man oh man these animals are a bit freaky at times! Let me just tell you, the kids were with Greg feeding one day so I decided to venture out and get some pics of the animals. This was actually on Mother's day this year....the day I got attacked by our mean rooster :( The thing had never ran after me before, so I guess I was testing my limits and got a bit too close for the liking so it turned and charged at me, I went to kick it and instead fell flat on my side (which caused an audible crack- thought I broke something for a minute!) As I fell to the ground all I could think was that my mom had asked me if it had spurs. Well, I hadn't known what that was at the time but I was thinking I was about ready to find out! Just as I fell my trusty dog jumped up from behind to scare the rooster off...saved my life I think...hahahah Too bad roosters are pretty, that's the only thing that's saving it from my next pot of soup.

For all of you who know nothing about chickens...this is what they do prior to attacking you! (yea the pics make it look like a no brainer...my camera shoots really fast though hhahaha)
Let's just say I won't be doing any National Geographic photo sessions anytime soon! (the large knot on my hip continues to heal) Prior to my getting attacked I had photographed the horses as well....
let's just say our animals were having a bad day, I have no idea what their problem was!

Poco- Layla's pony..






Yelling at Blaze...naughty pony! poor blaze








Blaze- Joels
gentle giant


Greg & Joel took Poco and had him gelded so we could start training him soon. While he was down they decided to give him a haircut...unfortunaly he let Joel cut his mane, let's just say he should stay out of beauty school cuz this is how it turned out.....which one of the 3 stooges is that?!?



1 comment:

  1. love the blog! oh...and it will take up some time but they are awesome when you print them out! cute fam! haley

    ReplyDelete